The solo choreodrama On the Acceptance of Imperfection (The Rite of Stravinsky) by Milos Sofrenovic establishes its »dramaturgical timeline« through possible interconnections between 17th century English composer Henry Purcell, 20th century Russian composer Igor Stravinsky, and 21st century Colombian composer Antonio Correa.
These potential interconnections are based on the following questions:
1. How do we perceive or execute revolutions today ?
2. How do we change things without destroying them?
3. How do we take care that our approach to cultural heritage is not destructive or based on ignorance?
4. How do we deal with the acceptance of our own imperfection without escaping into constructed lies ?
5. How do we accept ageing without becoming less enthusiastic about life?
Concept and performance by Milos Sofrenovic
Arrangement & sound engineering by Vladimir Korac
Costume design by Katarina Vukovic
Photography by Ksenija Spanec
Produced by NOMUS Festival 2017
Duration: 50 minutes
The project was developed in the framework of the Artistic Residency Program at MMF Cultural Centre in Iceland.
Performance trailer: https://vimeo.com/205748498
Admission is free!