The main foundation bodies of Akademie Schloss Solitude are the Foundation Board, the Executive Board and the Board of Trustees.
The Foundation Board consists of a representative of the State Ministry, a representative of the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts and a representative of the Ministry of Finance of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg. The Foundation Board is the Foundation’s leading body, and supervises the activities of the Executive Board.
The Foundation’s Executive Board constitutes the Akademie’s management team. It is tasked with conducting the business of the Akademie within the framework of the Foundation’s objective.
The Board of Trustees constitutes the following:
- up to twelve prominent individuals from the arts (including at least two each from the fields of fine arts, performing arts, literature and music)
- up to twelve prominent individuals from public life, academe and business who identify with the goals of the Foundation
- two representatives of Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH
- one representative of each of the parliamentary groups of the German Landtag (State Parliament)
- one representative from the city of Stuttgart
The Board of Trustees advises the Foundation Board and the Akademie management on all fundamental issues. It elects an Advisory Board from among its members, which provides ongoing support to the Akademie in its capacity as a working committee. The members of the Foundation Board are entitled to attend the meetings of the Board of Trustees in an advisory capacity.