Design: Stegmeyer Fischer Creative Studio
Within the current transformation of society and economy, one is not only confronted with the necessity to develop new ideas and productions, but also to pursue completely novel paths of transformations to think the future. Especially within the realms of science and industry, there is an increasing demand for creativity and innovation. In this process, the arts are often seen to have a catalytic role. New platforms and environments in industries as well as cultural institutions are created that involve artists as well as scientists coming from different backgrounds, with the aim of facilitating an interdisciplinary exchange to enable both sides to learn from each other, develop novel usages of technologies, and debate their application in society.
In the framework of a new partnership between Akademie Schloss Solitude and Hexagone Scène Nationale Arts Sciences/Atelier Arts Sciences, both institutions initiate an open dialog to debate the future of collaborations between the arts and sciences and their role for Europe, specifically comparing practices in Germany and France.
Topics will include:
- How can international partnerships between arts, sciences and different industries be built successfully with positive outcomes for all partners?
- What ideas and practices emerge from mixing these different fields and how are these sectors changed by this dialog?
- In which way can the monopolization of art as an agent for profitable transformations of scientific and technological knowledge be evaded?
- What novel spheres of action can artists gain from partnerships with scientists and technologists?
- What impact do collaborations of arts and sciences have on a European level?
Thursday, October 12, 2017
11.00 am to 12.30 pm, Atelier Arts Sciences, CEA, Grenoble/France
Public synthesis on the relation between arts and sciences in Germany and France.
With Michel Ida, director of CEA Open Labs; Antoine Conjard, directorof Hexagone Scène Nationale Arts Sciences; Jean-Baptiste Joly, direcotr of Akademie Schloss Solitude; Birgit Thoben, Robert Bosch GmbH; Maria Rimini-Döring, Robert Bosch GmbH; Pauline de Chalendar, artist; Antoni Rayzhekov, artist; Bernd Behr, artist.
8.00 pm, Hexagone Scène Nationale Arts Sciences, Meylan/France
Roundtable »La rencontre entre arts et sciences pour faire l’Europe?«
Julie Ward, member of the European Parliament for the North West of England
Kristoffer Gansing, artistic director of transmediale
Initiated and organized by Akademie Schloss Solitude and Hexagone Scène Nationale Arts Sciences.
The event is made possible with the support of the Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg.
Admission is free.