Born 1943 in Basel. Founded his architectural studio in Haldenstein/Switzerland in 1979.
Guest professorship at the Southern California Institute of Architecture, Santa Monica/USA (1988) and at the Technical University of Munich (1989).
Grant from the Academy of Arts, Berlin (1994). Professor at the Academy of Architecture Mendrisio, Università della Svizzera Italiana (1996). 1996 Honorary Member of the Association of German Architects.
His most important works include the realization of the St. Benedict Chapel in Sumvitg/Switzerland (1989), the renovation of the Bündner Art Museum in Chur (1990), the construction of the Old Folks Home in Chur (1993), the thermal baths in Vals/Switzerland (1996) and the House of Arts (Kunsthaus) Bregenz (1997). The international exhibition and documentation center “Topographie des Terrors” in Berlin is still under construction.
Multiple prizes for the Old Folks Home in Chur and the St. Benedict chapel, among others. International architecture prize for new construction in the Alps (1992, 1995) and the International Prize for stone architecture (1995). 1996 Erich-Schelling architectural prize.
Selected international exhibitions: 1995 in „Light Construction”, MoMA, New York; Aedes West Gallery, Berlin; 1996 in the Dessa Gallery, Ljubljana; the Biennale in Venice and Architektur Forum, Zürich.